High touch program thoughtfully designed for first-generation college students to ensure college readiness and success both academically and socially.
Simon Scholars is a unique scholarship program that begins at the end of a student’s sophomore year in high school and continues through the completion of college. It is designed to help students facing difficult life and economic circumstances to excel academically and socially so they can successfully complete a 4-year college degree and pursue a meaningful career.
During high school, students receive a laptop computer, networking skills and etiquette training, academic support, leadership training and community service opportunities. Scholars are also provided with an intensive college preparatory program, which includes ACT and SAT courses, college tours and assistance in the college application process. Following the completion of high school, Simon Scholars receive a $16,000 college scholarship.
Our Program Coordinators have a caseload of 32 – 40 Scholars, compared to CA counselors having a ratio 1016:1, according to the American School Counselor Association.
- Bi-weekly evidence based curriculum
- Personalized college advising
- Customized best fit/ best match college lists
- SAT / ACT Preparation
- Scholarship opportunities
- Access to college partnership network
- Mentorship via Program Coordinators and Staff
- Engagement with College Partners
- Leadership framework based on Sean Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens
- Community service opportunities
- Development of essential “Soft Skills”
- Alumni Association to support
- Regional and National College Tours
- High Ropes Course
- Senior Fall Retreat
- Leadership Symposium
- College Fairs
- Networking dinners and mixers
*Class Of 2021
- Attending Partner High School
- First-Generation College Student
- Low Income
- High-Achieving (3.5+ GPA)
- Demonstrated Leadership
- Personal Adversity
- Aspiration to attend 4-year college
*Class Of 2021