Simon Scholar Physician Assistant Program
Overcoming Barriers to Impact the World in Positive Ways
The new Simon Scholar Physician Assistant Program at Chapman University creates pathways for students facing adversity by offering full-tuition scholarships.
This scholarship provides eligible students who wish to earn their Masters in Medical Science degree (MMS) at the Chapman University Physician Assistant program with the opportunity to graduate in two years with little or no debt and join the profession ranked number one in best healthcare jobs in 2019 by U.S. News & World Report.
Student debt can have a significant effect on career choices, as well as clinical practice types and location. This impact is especially significant for underserved students facing financial adversity. Our goal is to minimize the impact on student debt for students awarded the Simon Scholars PA scholarship.
Qualified applicants to Simon Scholar PA program scholarship must also meet Chapman University PA program admissions requirements.
- First-generation college student
- Primary residence in Orange or San Diego County
- Underserved student
- History of economic and personal adversity
- Demonstrated leadership & ongoing community service
- History of academic excellence and achievement
- Plans to apply to the Chapman University PA program for class beginning in Spring 2021
- Willing to commit to clinical practice as PA in Orange or San Diego County post-graduation
What does the scholarship cover?
Simon PA Scholarship awardees will receive a full-tuition scholarship to complete the Chapman University PA program. In many cases, Simon Scholars will graduate with their master’s degree debt-free.
Gerald Glavaz, DHSc, PA-C
Associate Dean for PA Studies, Simon Scholarship Program
Rinker Health Sciences Campus