The Simon Scholars Program produces a highly qualified pool of candidates who are more likely to succeed at the university level.
- 86% of Simon Scholars who have started college are still enrolled or have graduated
- 97% of Collegiate Simon Scholars are actively involved in campus life
- 65% of Collegiate Simon Scholars are involved in community service on campus
From an economic perspective, becoming a Simon Scholars Collegiate Partner makes perfect sense.
- The cost alone for colleges and taxpayers to bring entering freshmen to required core academic and personal skill levels they were supposed to learn in high school runs between $2.3 billion and $2.9 billion annually
- By giving colleges and universities a highly qualified pool of candidates to choose from, the Simon Scholars' Collegiate Partners Program provides institutions with students more apt to succeed while reducing recruitment and remediation fees, thus making those funds available for other much-needed services
An affiliated university would agree to provide special admissions considerations for Simon Scholar applicants and assist with financial aid.
The Simon Scholar Program engages colleges and universities in a win/win undergraduate recruitment program. It is designed to open up opportunities for higher learning for disadvantaged, at-risk students while concurrently attracting highly qualified and motivated freshman admission candidates at reduced costs and with far greater likelihood for undergraduate success than applicants from the general population.
- Once a college or university becomes affiliated as a Collegiate Partner, they agree to provide special admissions considerations for Simon Scholar applicants and help these students secure available financial aid through their own scholarship or endowment programs
- The program encourages graduating high school Scholars to apply to Collegiate Partner Schools for early and exclusive admissions consideration, therefore streamlining the applications process for both the students and participating institutions
- The Simon Scholars Program provides its students with the academic and life skills necessary to succeed in college, instilling Collegiate Partner institutions with the confidence that the Simon Scholar student they accept, enroll and award with financial aid is worthy of the opportunity and ready to complete the coursework required to earn their four-year degree
- To learn more, contact us today.